Community Partnerships and Sponsorships
It is our aspiration to be the trusted strategic partner that collaborates across the university and with the greater community for proactive and innovative solutions that create opportunities in a welcoming environment where all may flourish. Our partnership and sponsorship collaborations with organizations support community and education initiatives that cultivate opportunities for our students and the greater community to drive innovation and impact. Partners include university units and the greater community (see below):
A collaboration arrangement with an organization, to provide a program, service, or resource that will help support a community initiative and impact the university. Partnership efforts bring together organizations and individuals who agree to use an entity’s influence to acknowledge distribution of specific roles and responsibilities among the participants and act on shared goals for the benefit of the community and university. Partnerships include collaboration on programming and/or initiatives.
- Community Partnership – collaboration on an initiative with a community organization, typically a non-profit or service organization.
- Campus Partnership – collaboration on an initiative with an academic or administrative unit within ISU.
Requirements for partnerships include the following:
- Partner organization must provide service to diverse populations and include educational programming for campus or community
- Collaborative work with the office to provide direct benefit to the campus and/or community
- Collaboration meetings about programming and initiatives are required with member(s) of the office.
- Partnerships are approved at the discretion of the university and are based on the alignment of missions and current area of need between the organization and ISU.
A funding arrangement to an organization, to support a program, service, or resource that will help support a university or community initiative.
- Student Organization Sponsorship – financial support for one or more official ISU student organization event, initiative, program, or project.
- Community Sponsorship – financial support for a community organization event, initiative, program, or project.
- Campus Sponsorship – financial support for an initiative within an ISU academic or administrative unit.
Requirements for sponsorships include the following:
- Partner organization must provide service to diverse populations and include educational programming for campus or community.
- Collaborative work with the office to provide direct benefit to the campus and/or community.
- Organizations may only receive funding once a semester.
- The maximum sponsorship may be up to $1,000 but the average award is $500.
- Organizations granted funding are required to submit an Action Review (AR) within two weeks of the event. The AR should describe what went well, what could be improved upon, and if the organization achieved the goals. A simple one-page report is acceptable. If this step is not completed, no future funding may not be approved.
Sponsorships are approved at the discretion of the university and are based on the alignment of missions and current area of need between the organization and ISU.
- Applications are only accepted online
- Applications must be submitted six (6) weeks prior to the event/program.
- Itemized Budget (for sponsorship only) - upload
- Include digital version(s) of publicity materials. If approved, we will work with Public Relations to include the ISU logo on all promotion material.
- After submitting your application, you will be assigned a meeting time (in-person or virtual) with a member from the office.
- Only registered student organizations in good standing with Student Affairs are eligible to receive funding.
If you have questions or need assistance during the application process, please get in touch with Rose McCarty at firstname.lastname@example.org.