Black Faculty and Staff Association
Welcome to the Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) website! Our goal is to build community and highlight resources that enhance the personal and professional development of Black faculty and staff. We encourage your participation and support throughout the academic year.
BFSA membership is open to all faculty and staff at Iowa State University, regardless of race, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Upcoming BFSA Meetings
Please mark your calendar for upcoming BFSA meetings that being at 12:00 pm.
We would love to have you join the conversation. Locations announced in Email Newsletter and Facebook Group (ISU Black Faculty and Staff Association).
- September 12th - 4 - 6 pm (Welcome Back)
- October 30th - Empowering Resiliency During Challenging Times (Professional Development)
- November 20th - Planning for Retirement (Professional Development)
- December 13th - Holiday Social (Social Event)
- January 8th - Estate Planning (Professional Development)
- Juneteenth (Social Event)
Be sure to check us out on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/IsuBlackFacultyStaffAssociation
Resources for Faculty and Staff Candidates and New Hires
Jazzmine Brooks, incoming chair
Equity and Inclusion Coordinator, Office of Equal Opportunity
Samone Whitfield, current chair
Assistant Director of Development, Iowa State University Foundation
Angela Shaw, outgoing chair
Associate Professor, Food Science and Human Nutrition
- October: Professional Development
- November: Professional Development
- December: Holiday Social
- January: Professional Development
- February: Black History Month Events
- June: Juneteenth Celebration