International Faculty and Staff Association
The International Faculty and Staff Association (IFSA) was created for Iowa State University faculty and staff who are members of or who are supportive of the international, immigrant, and refugee community at ISU. The IFSA exists to provide international members of Iowa State with a sense of community and belonging on campus and in the broader Iowa area. The IFSA was founded in 2019 by three members of Iowa State University who identify as international, immigrant, and refugee with the vision of creating a space for others with international identities to connect, feel valued, and thrive.
IFSA membership is free and open to all faculty and staff at Iowa State University, regardless of race, ethnicity, country of origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for new and prospective international, immigrant and refugee faculty and staff
- Help strengthen the campus international, immigrant and refugee community
- Help create and foster new connections and relationships between individuals in the community
- Provide a judgement-free venue to discuss issues relevant to the community and its allies
- Organize social gatherings and cultural events several times a year
Membership and Getting Involved
Jahmai Fisher, Training and Development Specialist, Academic Success Center, email@example.com
Dr. Ruxandra Looft, Director, Margaret Sloss Center for Women and Gender Equity, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a new FSA on campus and will be announcing our 2020-21 events and ways to stay connected soon!