Diverse Issues in Higher Education
Diverse: Issues In Higher Education stands alone as the only source of critical news, information and insightful commentary on the full range of issues concerning diversity in American higher education.
- Calling Out Xenophobia, Racism and Intolerance During the COVID-19 Crisis
- What You Can Do to Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff During COVID-19
National Conference on Race and Ethnicity
NCORE is announcing a series of free webinars about self-care, building community, and staying engaged during the COVID-19 crisis. You can also gain access to Webinars on Demand for free to low-cost webinars.
- Grieving NCORE in the Time of COVID: Strategies for Self-Care and Engagement
- There's a Drama To It:" Innovative Way of Teaching about Power, Resistance, and Social Justice Through Sports
- The Intersection of Strengths and Social Identity: Using the Clifton Strengths to Engage Conversation about Difference
- We're not White: Racial Identity Construction of Arab American College Students
National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE)
NADOHE serves as the preeminent voice for diversity officers in higher education by supporting our collective efforts to lead our institutions toward the attainment of the following goals:
- Produce and disseminate empirical evidence through research to inform diversity initiatives
- Identify and circulate exemplary practices
- Provide professional development for current and aspiring diversity officers
- Inform and influence national and local policies
- Create and foster networking opportunities
- Self Care and Healing Practices for CDOs in the Time of COVID-19;
- COVID-19: DE&I Implications and Considerations;
- Promoting Inclusive Excellence from Your Seat at the Table; and more
UNC School of Medicine - Center for Health Equity Research
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health and the UNC Center for Health Equity Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have partnered to launch the webinar series, Communities in Partnership: Ensuring Equity in the Time of COVID-19.
- Pandemic Call and Response: Black Queer & Trans Communities
- Communities in Partnership: Ensuring Equity in the Time of COVID-19
- Facts and Lessons Learned from Recent Disasters
- Behind the Scenes and In the Shadows: Essential Employees in COVID-19
- Justice for All: Pandemic Response in Incarcerated Populations
EVERFI’s higher education curriculum supports students and administrators in fostering safe and healthy campuses. With courses that strive to reinforce healthy decisions and promote positive attitudes and behaviors, EVERFI solutions are designed to create impact and meet key compliance requirements.
- Gen Z is Here: 6 Tips to Drive Engagement with the Next Generation;
- Pervasive Workplace Toxicity: How are you shaping a health work environment; and more
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) – CELT at Iowa State
The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers, and the Institutional Membership provides all grad students, post-docs, and faculty with access to NCFDD’s member resources.
Iowa State University is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). ISU faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdocs may claim their membership by going to the ISU NCFDD Institutional page and click on the “Activate My Membership” button.
- How to Challenge Race and Gender Bias in Student Evaluations;
- Wellness and Technology;
- Resting to Rise: Reduce Burn Out, Find Your Joy for Writing and Life, and Create a Just Academia; and more
InclusABILITY at Iowa State
Get access to FREE webinars related to accessibility and disability through InclusABILITY at Iowa State. Webinars are featured from AHEAD - Association on Higher Education and Disability.
- Strategic Outreach: Spreading Accessibility throughout Campus
- Identifying and Removing Barriers to Access: Using a Framework to Guide Considerations of Complex Requests
- How to Make Online Learning Accessible for Deaf Students
Iowa State University University Library created a resource page related to COVID-19 and the disproportionate impact on people of color. This website includes FAQs, tools for interrupting microaggressions, book selections and more.
The vision of the Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice (JSARP) is to publish the most rigorous, relevant, and well-respected research and practice making a difference in student affairs practice. JSARP especially encourages manuscripts that are unconventional in nature and that engage in methodological and epistemological extensions that transcend the boundaries of traditional research inquiries.
The Journal of College Student Development (JCSD) is one of the world’s leading journals on higher education. Subscribers include the members of ACPA-College Student Educators International, individuals (subscriptions available through Johns Hopkins University Press), and academic libraries (as JCSD or Project Muse subscribers). JCSD is included in numerous research databases including the Social Science Citation Index, where JCSD is one of only five U.S. and international higher education journals indexed.
Articles and Links:
- The increasing significance of digital equity in higher education
- Seven Crucial Research Findings that can help people deal with COVID-19
- APA Calls for Destigmatizing Coronavirus
- Combating Bias and Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Moving Online Now: How to Keep Teaching During Coronavirus
- American Bar Association: How Will COVID-19 Effect Equity in Education?
- San Diego State University- Maintaining Equity and Inclusion in Virtual Learning Environments
- University of Maryland- Keep Teaching: During Prolonged Campus or Building Closures
- Rice University: Inclusion, Equity, and Access While Teaching Remotely
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Collection): Coping With Coronavirus: How Faculty Members Can Support Students in Traumatic Times.
- Chapman University: Incorporating a Student Needs Assessment into Your Course (references to Rice University)
- University of California: Equity & Inclusion During COVID-19
- 10 Book to Help You Foster A More Diverse and Inclusive Workplace (Forbes)
- Diversity & Inclusion Reading List: Equity/Inclusion in Higher Ed Books