Events and Resources
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is proud to support DEI programming around campus and in our community. Find upcoming events below, and contact the Office of DEI with questions or suggestions for additional events to highlight.
Resources and Upcoming Events:
Learn more about Title IX as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of this historic law.
- Title IX 5oth Anniversary Library Guide
- Special Collections and University Archives
- J. Elaine Hieber papers - A tireless supporter of equity in women’s athletics during her career at Iowa State, J. Elaine Hieber served as Assistant Director of Athletics (1979-1990), Associate Athletics Director (1990-2002), and Interim Director of Athletics (2000). Hieber retired from Iowa State in 2002.
- Dr. Forker papers - Barbara Ellen Forker began her career at Iowa State College (University) as a temporary six-month instructor (1948-1949). She was promoted to Assistant Professor (1949-1952), Associate Professor (1952-1957), Professor (1957-1990), and Head of the Women’s Physical Education Department (1958-1974). When the men’s and women’s physical education departments were combined to create the Department of Physical Education, Dr. Forker became the first Head (1974-1986). She was named Distinguished Professor in 1986. In 1990, she retired and became Emeritus Professor.
- Youth Service will host a Title IX Storytime in spring 2023. More details coming soon.
- March 2023: View a photo exhibit on Title IX in the Ames schools.
Learn more about these initiatives and other library resources and activities on the Ames Public Library website.
Looking for more events?
Check out Inside Iowa State and the events calendar for news, announcements, events, and more.