Diversity and Inclusion
In 2013-2014, Iowa State University undertook its most comprehensive diversity study ever, by taking stock of its diversity programs and initiatives and exploring ways to improve the university environment for all. The motivation for this project came as a result of President Leath’s desire to take proactive steps to promote and enhance diversity at Iowa State University (ISU). The hiring of a Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion and the establishment of an Office of Diversity and Inclusion are a direct result of the findings contained in the report.
- Strategic Plan
- Lectures Program Diversity Speakers
- Academic Affairs Diversity and Inclusion Report (PDF 80KB)
New Opportunity for ISU faculty and P&S staff
University Award for Inclusive Excellence
Nominate deserving individuals for the newly-created University Award for Inclusive Excellence. This university award recognizes faculty and P&S staff for their commitment to inclusion initiatives at Iowa State University. Give recognition to individuals who have advanced the university’s mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion by nominating them today!
Complete information: Link to award description
The spring issue of VISIONS for ISUAA members highlights diversity issues on campus. Because of the important topic involved, the full issue is available online now to all.
- 2017 Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy Series
- Know Your Rights - January 24, 2017
- Donate non-perishable food to the SHOP
- Sustaining the Academic Pipeline
In the News
- Northwestern University's President: Safe Spaces
- New Center on Race and Equity
- Why colleges need to conduct campus climate surveys
- Archived stories
- ISU Ombuds Office - a confidential, independent, neutral resource for students, staff and faculty
- Self Care - JustJasmine is a public figure and a long-time advocate for social justice (read more)
- Anti-Racist Bystander Intervention – #againsthate
Professional Development Funding
The Women's and Diversity Grants Program is designed to support initiatives that will enrich the experiences of women and diverse faculty, staff and students at Iowa State University. Up to $50,000 in grant funding is available in support of women's and diversity initiatives for either one-time programming or as seed money to stimulate additional funding from other sources.