2017-2022 ISU Strategic Plan, Goal 4
Continue to enhance and cultivate the ISU Experience where faculty, staff, students, and visitors are safe and feel welcomed, supported, included, and valued by the university and each other.
- Subgoal 4.1
- Develop and implement a comprehensive campus climate assessment system to regularly evaluate the climate at Iowa State University as experienced by all. Regularly evaluate, disseminate, and publicly report this data.
- Metric S4.1
- Continuous improvement in campus climate as measured by campus climate assessment system
- Subgoal 4.2
- Enhance the safety, health, well–being, and security of faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Metric S4.2
- As measured by the developed campus climate assessment system and current safety/security reporting mechanisms
- Subgoal 4.3
- Create, expand, and invest in opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to connect and build meaningful relations with others while recognizing the multiple intersecting identities, perspectives, and developmental differences people hold (aligned with the ACPA NASPA standard for social justice and inclusion).
- Metric S4.3
- Participation in these opportunities and the impact as measured by campus climate assessment system
- Action 4.1
- Enhance efforts to recruit, hire, train, and retain diverse employees.
- Metric A4.1
- Report on annual efforts and resulting changes in the number of diverse employees
- Action 4.2
- Enhance efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate a diverse student body.
- Metric A4.2
- Report on annual efforts and resulting changes in the number of diverse students
- Action 4.3
- Establish and deploy a visitors code of conduct.
- Metric A4.3
- Inclusion in university policies
- Action 4.4
- Supervisors will acknowledge and include employees’ efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Metric A4.4
- Senior administrators report on annual progress
The spring issue of VISIONS for ISUAA members highlights diversity issues on campus. Because of the important topic involved, the full issue is available online now to all.
- Diversity and Inclusion staff will be at NCORE May 29-June 2, 2017
- Donate non-perishable food to the SHOP
In the News
- WHO TV interview: A Day Without a Woman
- KHOI Local Talk program: Latinas Speak Out on Immigration
- To diversify the landscape, diversify who works it
- KHOI Local Talk program: LGBTQ+ matters
- Archived stories
- ISU Ombuds Office - a confidential, independent, neutral resource for students, staff and faculty
- Self Care - JustJasmine is a public figure and a long-time advocate for social justice (read more )
- Anti-Racist Bystander Intervention – #againsthate
- Equal Opportunity Specialist - currently under review
Professional Development Funding
The Women's and Diversity Grants Program is designed to support initiatives that will enrich the experiences of women and diverse faculty, staff and students at Iowa State University. Up to $50,000 in grant funding is available in support of women's and diversity initiatives for either one-time programming or as seed money to stimulate additional funding from other sources. NOTE: Applications are only accepted between November and March.